Blueberry-Rhubarb Vinaigrette (makes about ½ pint)
- Freshly-squeezed juice from 1 lemon
- Freshly-squeezed juice from 1 orange
- ½ cup avocado oil
- 25 mL MaineFlavor Intense Blueberry-Rhubarb Sauce
- Your choice of mixed herbs (we use a pinch each of garlic, basil, rosemary, thyme, & lavender)
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
Combine all ingredients in blender and process until fully emulsified. Taste and tweak as desired. If you can resist eating this by the spoonful on the spot, it should be enough to dress green salads for your family for a week, more or less. Cap tightly and keep refrigerated. Enjoy!
Blueberry-Rhubarb Freeze Pops!
- 4 parts fresh almond milk (from The Whole Almond, if you’re in Maine)
- 1 part MaineFlavor Intense Blueberry-Rhubarb Sauce, to taste
Whisk or blend thoroughly. Taste and tweak as desired. Pour into popsicle molds or Ziplock tubes, seal and freeze until solid. Enjoy!
- adding a few dots or a squiggle of this sauce alongside or on anything involving
- pork (roast, chops, sausage, bacon...)
- using this sauce to garnish desserts and dishes that feature
- combining this sauce with lemongrass-ginger mixer and sparkling water to make a delicious, refreshing drink,
- or substituting this sauce instead of jelly on your favorite nut butter sandwich.